Assessment Only Route (AOR)
Please note that due to COVID-19 we are currently unable to recruit to this route.
The Assessment Only Route, for the recommendation of QTS, is suitable for applicants who already have substantial teaching experience within establishments and do not require any further training to satisfactorily meet the Teachers’ Standards. Applicants are already delivering high quality lessons as unqualified teachers.
Suitable candidates for this route may be:
- Those currently teaching as unqualified teachers in schools
- Those trained to teach overseas, who have significant teaching experience
- Those teaching in the independent school sector
This is not a training programme and places on the Assessment Only Route are for unqualified, experienced, graduate teachers.
This route takes place approximately over 12 weeks and involves the scrutiny of evidence against the Teachers’ Standards and observations of Teaching.
Training age ranges:
Applicants must provide evidence/understanding across one of the below age ranges:
3-7 (EYFS & KS1) 5-11 (KS1 & KS2) 7-11 (KS2)
7-14 (KS2 & KS3) 11-16 (KS3 & KS4) 14-19 (KS4 & post 16)
If you answer ‘no’ to any of the below then you are not ready to apply for the Assessment Only Route:
Do you have?
- A Degree?
- GCSE English, mathematics and science* grade c/ or above (or equivalent – *science is only applicable for primary)?
- Equivalent of 2 years teaching, as a minimum (roles during this time involved planning, whole class teaching and assessment)?
- Experience of teaching in at least 2 establishments across the designated age ranges listed above (roles involved planning, whole class teaching and assessment)?
- Evidence already collated to prove the above which can be presented at interview?