As a provider we are accredited to award QTS (Qualified Teacher Status), therefore we work with The University of Hull to give you the opportunity to complete an optional PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) qualification whilst you train with us. All training takes place in Lincoln and you DO NOT NEED TO TRAVEL TO HULL AT ALL. The PGCE option runs concurrently with the QTS programme.
As the PGCE is Level 7 (Masters Level) trainees are expected to undertake an independent research approach, being proactive and motivated throughout their studies. The University of Hull will provide inputs to support assignments, including a wealth of online resources, support networks and journals; you will be expected to lead your own learning and research, as is the nature of Level 7 study.
Lecturers from the University of Hull will come to Lincoln to train you and there is no need to travel to Hull to use their resources, as everything that you need will be online. As a PGCE and QTS trainee you will complete three assignments over the course of the year, which are all linked back into your everyday practice within the classroom.
- If you choose to undertake the PGCE course your fees will be £9,250, the QTS only route is £8,500.
- A PGCE qualification is essential if you wish to teach abroad, as QTS is only recognised in England and Wales;
- The PGCE from the University of Hull comes with 60 masters credits, which can go towards a full masters (180 credits);
- You will also have access to the extensive resources at Hull University, including those online;
- Access will be given to a range of online journals and articles to support your assignment writing;
- You will have specific PGCE taught sessions in Lincoln to support you in your academic writing.