East of England Teacher Training were inspected by Ofsted in 2018. This was our first inspection as a new ITT provider and we are proud to have achieved ‘Good’ overall, with Leadership and Management graded as ‘Outstanding’.
You can view the full report by clicking here. Below are the key strengths identified by Ofsted during this inspection.
Key strengths of the primary partnership
- Outstanding leadership has secured good and improving outcomes for trainees.
- The strategic board provides outstanding governance. Board members have excellent skills and are extremely capable of challenging leaders, supporting their vision and contributing to self-evaluation and strategic planning.
- The proportion of mature trainees who attend this provision is above the national average. They achieve well because of leaders’ assiduous and effective support.
- Leaders pay close and extensive attention to the welfare of trainees. They respond rapidly and effectually to those needing support.
- The SCITT leader devised the programme and has been involved in the partnership since it started to operate. She has maintained a clear and unremitting focus on providing school-based teacher training that is led and delivered by schools. She is highly ambitious and is driven to ensure ‘high-quality local teachers that teach successfully within local schools’.
- The strong engagement of schools within the partnership is evident. Headteachers make a key contribution to the recruitment of trainees and the employment of NQTs across the partnership.
- The good-quality training, including with trainers of national repute, ensures that trainees are often secure in their subject knowledge and able to manage pupils’ behaviour successfully.
- The quality of mentoring across the partnership is a particularly strong feature. Training to ensure mentors’ effectiveness is good and is rated highly.
- The practical school-based nature of the training is valued highly by trainees. They appreciate the opportunity to learn from teachers who are experts in their field and then apply this learning in classroom situations.